Looking for a delicious Green Juice Recipe?
Are you a juicing fan? I’ve been in and out of juicing for several years now, mainly because I’ve struggled to find a routine and recipes that worked for me. I’d end up buying tons of produce and never using it because I couldn’t find the time to do all the prep work, juice, and then my favourite…clean up.
This was hard for me because I knew juicing was such a healthy thing to do, but I always told myself, “I just don’t have time to juice!” But, when I learned about other methods of storing juice, like keeping it in a jar until it’s ready to drink that day, then it finally clicked. I’ve been going at it for several months now, and it feels really good to have found a system that works for me. Even better, I’ve come up with a green juice recipe that I think is pretty delicious…and that makes me want to keep coming back for more every day.
So let’s get right into it…
My Daily Green Juice Recipe
- 3 big kale leaves
- 1 apple (I use Gala)
- 1/2 lemon
- 1-2 inch knob of ginger
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1/3 cucumber
- 1 broccoli stalk
- 1-2 large chunks of pineapple
What you need…
Steps for the Green Juice Recipe:
1. Juice all ingredients…drink and enjoy!
When juicing, I like to alternate dry produce with juicy produce. So, I’ll put cucumber in (juicy) followed by kale (less juicy). Followed by pineapple (juicier) then more dry (ginger). You get the idea. I feel that this helps push the more dry produce through, as opposed to dry, dry, dry, then juicy, juicy, juicy.
Here’s a video of me making my favourite green juice…
What to do with juice now?
As I said before, the system I created with my juicing is that I make my green juice each morning when I wake up, and then I store it in a mason jar in the fridge until I’m ready to drink it later day. True raw foodies probably would say that it’s best immediately after you make it, but for me, that just wasn’t possible. I’m never in the mood for green juice when I first wake up, and trying to juice in the afternoon when it sounded the best just didn’t fit my busy schedule as a teacher. Trust me. I tried lugging my juicer back and forth each week. That got real old real fast.
My green juice just waiting in the
mini-fridge in my classroom.
But I feel like this method is the best of both worlds, make it in the morning, drink it in the afternoon. Even better, I pour a little jar for Avery to have whenever she would like it as well. Win, win. ( :
Maybe you like juice in the morning, or with your lunch…have it whenever. Whatever gets you coming back the next day and the day after that, the better it will be!
Curious about my juicer?
I used to have a Jack LaLane Power Juicer. It cost me about $100, and it kept me going for 5 or 6 years, but after getting back into juicing lately, I was ready for a new juicer. I purchased the Breville Juice Fountain Plus for $149. And although I haven’t had any drastic changes with this new juicer, I do appreciate that I get a little bit more “juicing bang for my buck,” I don’t have to use all my upper body muscles to push the produce through the juicer, and I’ve noticed the juice is much smoother. So thanks, new juicer!
Do you have a juicer? What’s your favourite brand or model?
Want to learn more about juicing?
Here are my favourite documentaries that helped me learn more about it…
1. Crazy Sexy Cancer with Kris Carr. This is the documentary that got me going on my whole green/wellness journey in the first place. After watching this for the first time, I felt motivated to do something, but at the time, I wasn’t ready to go vegan yet…so I bought a juicer, and my juicing journey began. Fast forward five or six years to now, and I still love juicing, and I’m happy to have made the transition to a vegan diet. Thanks, Kris!
2. Fat Sick & Nearly Dead with Joe Cross. Here’s a recent good one that helped me get back on the juicing bandwagon, where the Cross goes on a 60-day juice fast while travelling across the country in a journey to regain his health. I really liked some of the eye-opening interviews he did with various individuals who would rather risk their life and health all to avoid drinking green juice and changing their diet. It kind of puts it all in perspective… I highly recommend this one.
So that’s my favourite green juice that I drink daily…I love it and hope you do too! What’s your favourite green juice recipe? Share it below…
Recently this post was linked up to:
- “Your Green Resource” over at A Delightful Home, Live Renewed, Sorta Crunchy, Red and Honey, Creating Naturally, and Simply Rebekah.
- “Thank Your Body Thursday” over at Thank Your Body
- “Healthy Vegan Fridays” over at The Veggie Nook, and Carrie On Vegan