Awhile back I saw an idea online where you could blend some lentils in with a jar of spaghetti sauce and I thought it was brilliant. I love lentils and all, but I'd much rather have them smooth and blended with my spaghetti sauce, than eat them right along with the noodles in full form.
I then was inspired by my green smoothies and decided to add some spinach to the blending fun...for good measure you know. And to top it all off, I threw in some peas. Why not? The end result, while not the most pleasant looking, was delicious and full of nutrition.
|Here are the green lentils that make this sauce so sneaky!|
Here's the simple, easy recipe that can be used with any type of sauce and any type of noodles:
- 1 cup green lentils (cooked...you could also use red or brown lentils if you wanted)
- 2 cups spinach (more or less depending upon how green you want to go)
- 1 jar of spaghetti sauce (I like any kind of Marinara with this recipe)
- 1 cup of peas (optional)
- 3/4 pkg. of spaghetti noodles (any kind, or any shape for that matter)
- Blend lentils, spinach, and spaghetti sauce in a blender until smooth
- Combine with cooked noodles and top with peas if you would like.
- Serve and enjoy the yummy, sneaky noodles!
So there you have it...sneaky spaghetti!
Have you ever added lentils to a traditional dish? Share below! And let's all make some more "sneaky dishes"!
|It's sneaky time!|
Recently this post was linked up to Frugally Sustainable as part of the "Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways Blog Hop." So check it out and find more ways you can go green!
And last, but not least, this post was also linked up to "Healthy Vegan Fridays" which you can find any of these three blogs: Everyday Vegan Girl, Veggie Nook, and Carrie On Vegan. So get your "vegan on" and check out some of these great recipes!