Check out the video below to see how to make them....
Chocolate Coconut Snack Bars Recipe
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts
- 8 pitted dates
- 1 Tbs. raw chocolate powder
- 1 Tbs. shredded coconut (unsweetened & sulfite-free)
1. In a food processor blend together cashews and walnuts until they resemble crumbs, now dump into a mixing bowl.
2. Now place 8 pitted dates in food processor with the 1 Tbs. raw chocolate powder and blend until it forms a large ball, put this in the mixing bowl.
3. With the blended nuts and dates now in the mixing bowl, add 1 Tbs. shredded coconut and then begin combining it with your hands. Mix until all the "crumbs" have been absorbed by the date mixture.
4. Spread out onto a piece of waxed paper and flatten out to your desired shape. Then cut and store in a plastic bag (wah wah wah...I know!) to keep fresh for about a week. I keep mine in my kitchen cabinet (at room temp), but you can keep them in the fridge if you would like.
5. Enjoy! *In case you're wondering about the nutritional info on a Larabar, they often have about 210-240 calories per bar.
Here's a link to the other two videos I've made since being pregnant:
-18 weeks and making a "Chocolate Ice Cream Smoothie"(...looking back I feel like I hardly look pregnant in this one-ha ha!)
-28 weeks and making a "Peachy Kale Smoothie"