"Vegan Burrito Bowls”
- 1 red onion
- 1 organic red pepper
- 1 organic green pepper
- 1- pkg. Large portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup dry organic quinoa (http://go.magik.ly/ml/1ax/)
- 2 cups water
- 1 can organic black beans
- 1 can organic corn
- 1 bag organic tortilla chips
- 1 jar of your favorite salsa
- Spices for veggies: cumin, chili powder, salt
- Add 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups of water to a rice cooker (here’s the one I use) and cook until done, keep on warm until ready to serve.
- Chop and saute all the peppers and onion on Medium heat for 5 minutes, then add the mushrooms and cook for another 3-5 minutes until the water releases. Then season with a pinch of cumin, a few shakes of chili powder, and salt to taste then set aside.
- Drain and pour the cans of beans and corn into separate sauce pans and put on Medium Low so they can warm (add salt if needed).
- Put salsa, guacamole, cashew cheese, and chopped cilantro in separate bowls to create an assembly line with the other ingredients.
- Now go through the “burrito bowl assembly line” and serve up with the quinoa, roasted veggies, beans, corn, salsa, guacamole, cashew cheese, and cilantro...oh and don’t forget the tortilla chips for dipping!
(Inspired by Cafe Gratitude's Nacho Cashew Cheese)
- 1 cup of raw unsalted cashews, soaked for several hours (or at least 1 hour) (http://go.magik.ly/r/ashleysgreenlife/b86a/)
- 3/4 cup water (or a little less)
- 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice
- ½ Tablespoon nutritional yeast (http://go.magik.ly/r/ashleysgreenlife/15612/)
- ¼ Tablespoon salt
- ¼ Tablespoon arrowroot powder (http://go.magik.ly/r/ashleysgreenlife/b45d/)
- ¼ teaspoon chipotle powder (http://go.magik.ly/ml/3rb7/)
- Soak 1 cup of raw, unsalted cashews in water for 6-8 hours, or at least 2.
- Then rinse the cashews, pour them in the blender and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend for about a minute or two until completely smooth.
- Place leftovers in a container in the fridge, will keep for 2-3 days
PRODUCTS MENTIONED IN THE VIDEO:
Thanks for watching! Be sure to tag me on Instagram @ashleysgreenlife if you try this recipe!